The ‘IG Kolumbansweg’ Association, based in St. Gallen, is an association in accordance with Art. 60ff of the Swiss Civil Code. It is politically and denominationally neutral. The Association aims to develop, organize, communicate and raise awareness of the Columbanus Way in Switzerland. It works together with organisations with the same or similar purposes. It is part of the international network of the Columbanus Way. The Association is a non-profitable organization.
In this way the following objectives should be achieved:
- The development of a European Cultural Way demonstrating the significance of the Irish monks for the cultural development on the European Continent.
- The development of a European Way of deceleration and movement.
- Promoting awareness of the subject of ‘Natural Health for Body-Soul-Spirit’
- Publishing materials on the subjects above-mentioned through an international Academic Advisory Board
Natural and legal persons, who promote the purpose of the Association, can become members. Membership can be broken down as follows:
- Active members
- Sponsoring membersActive members are natural persons who actively support the Association in its further development or/and take on different duties within it. They pay a small membership fee and have a right to vote.
Benefactors are natural or legal persons who support the Association and its objectives immaterially or financially. They pay a higher membership fee but have no voting rights.
Sponsoring members are legal persons who identify with the aims of the Association and work together for reasons of synergy. In addition, they bring in freely selected material and financial funding. They pay a much higher membership fee and have no right to vote.
Applications are to be addressed to the board which makes the final decision.
a) general meeting
b) the board with the following departments: executive committee, vice-executive commitee, finances, actuary, observers
c) the audit
The Annual general Meeting takes place in the first half of the year.
The Association’s inaugural meeting took place on 26 June 2017.
Active members CHF 20.-
Benefactors CHF 50.-
Sponsoring members CHF100.-
The Executive Committee is composed of
President Wolfgang Sieber
Vice President Dr. Cornel Dora
Treasurer Ludwig Gächter
Observers Reinhard Frei und Franz With
Address (also for applications):
IG Kolumbansweg c/o Wolfgang Sieber
Tel. +41 (0)81 723 69 90
Bank Details: St. Gallische Kantonalbank IBAN CH42 0078 1622 3270 7200 0